Codes and Frequencies
For sample persons under age 18, MOMED32W reports if the person took or used any other pills, ointments, or other types of medicines during the past 2 weeks other than pain relievers (MPAIN2W), cough medicines (MCOF2W), other cold medicines or remedies (MCOLD2W), asthma or allergy medicines (MALL2W), topical steroids (MSTER2W), other skin ointments or slaves (MOINT2W), laxatives (MLAX2W), vitamins or minerals (MVIT2W), tranquilizers or sedatives (MTRAN2W), and antibiotics (MANTI2W). MOMED32W reports the third medication of three mentioned other medications (MOMED12W, MOMED22W).
MOMED32W is part of the 1981 Child Health Supplement. For more information and related variables about child medication intake, please see MALL2W.
Related Variables about Third Other Medicine Use
- The main health problem the respondent used the third other medicine for (MOMED32WPROB),
- Whether the respondent obtained the third other medicine via prescription (MOMED32WRX),
- Whether a doctor recommended the use of the third other medicine (MOMED32WDREC), and
- How often the respondent used the third other medicine in the past 3 months (MOMED32WFREQ)
- 1981: Sample persons under age 18.
- 1981 : SAMPWEIGHT