Codes and Frequencies
For sample persons under age 18, MCOF2W reports if the person took or used any cough medicines (such as Vicks, Robitussin, or Phenergan Expectorant and the like) during the past 2 weeks.
MCOF2W is part of the 1981 Child Health Supplement. For more information and related variables about child medication intake, please see MALL2W.
- The main health problem the respondent used the cough medicine for (MCOF2WPROB),
- Whether the respondent obtained the cough medicine via prescription (MCOF2WRX),
- Whether a doctor recommended the use of the cough medicine (MCOF2WDREC), and
- How often the respondent used the cough medicine in the past 3 months (MCOF2WFREQ)
- 1981: Sample persons under age 18.
- 1981 : SAMPWEIGHT