Codes and Frequencies
For sample persons under age 18, MPAIN2W reports if the person took or used any pain relievers such as aspirin (or Tylenol and the like) during the past 2 weeks.
MPAIN2W is part of the 1981 Child Health Supplement. For more information and related variables about child medication intake, please see MALL2W.
- The main health problem the respondent used the pain reliever for (MPAIN2WPROB),
- Whether the respondent obtained the pain reliever via prescription (MPAIN2WRX),
- Whether a doctor recommended the use of the pain reliever (MPAIN2WDREC), and
- How often the respondent used the pain reliever in the past 3 months (MPAIN2WFREQ)
- 1981: Sample persons under age 18.
- 1981 : SAMPWEIGHT