Codes and Frequencies
For sample persons under age 18, MTRAN2W reports if the person took or used any tranquilizers or sedatives (such as Valium, Chloral Hydrate, or Secanol and the like) during the past 2 weeks.
MTRAN2W is part of the 1981 Child Health Supplement. For more information and related variables about child medication intake, please see MALL2W.
- The main health problem the respondent used the tranquilizer or sedative for (MTRAN2WPROB),
- Whether the respondent obtained the tranquilizer or sedative via prescription (MTRAN2WRX),
- Whether a doctor recommended the use of the tranquilizer or sedative (MTRAN2WDREC), and
- How often the respondent used the tranquilizer or sedative in the past 3 months (MTRAN2WFREQ)
- 1981: Sample persons under age 18.
- 1981 : SAMPWEIGHT