Used laxatives in past 2 weeks
Codes and Frequencies
For sample persons under age 18, MLAX2W reports if the person took or used any laxatives or any other medicines or remedies for the stomach (such as Ex-Lax, Rolaids, Colace, or Donnatal and the like) during the past 2 weeks.
MLAX2W is part of the 1981 Child Health Supplement. For more information and related variables about child medication intake, please see MALL2W.
Related Variables about Laxative Use
- The main health problem the respondent used the laxative for (MLAX2WPROB),
- Whether the respondent obtained the laxative via prescription (MLAX2WRX),
- Whether a doctor recommended the use of the laxative (MLAX2WDREC), and
- How often the respondent used the laxative in the past 3 months (MLAX2WFREQ)
- 1981: Sample persons under age 18.
- 1981 : SAMPWEIGHT