Codes and Frequencies
For sample children age 3 to 17 years who ever had an emotional or behavioral problem that lasted 3 months or more and ever received treatment or counseling for the problem, this variable indicates whether such treatment or counseling was provided in the 12 months.
The Field Representative's Manual does not provide a definition for treatment or any criteria for counseling, therefore these terms are assumed to be respondent defined.
Variables related to EMOTRETYR are included in the survey(all of which refer to the last 12 month time period).
- how many times did anyone see or talk to a doctor, psychologist, or counselor about the problem (EMOTRETYRX)
- if the emotional/behavioral caused the child to miss any time from school (EMOMISSYR)
- number school days missed from emotional/behavioral problem (EMOMISSYRX)
- attended special classes due to emotional/behavioral problem (EMOCLASSYR)
- Took medicine for emotional/behavioral problem, past 12 months (EMOMEDYR)
- Needed help for emotional/behavioral problem, past 12 months (EMONEEDYR)
For a full list of variables related to the emotional problems in children, see EMOPEV.
- 1988: Sample persons age 3-17 who had emotional/behavioral problem and received treatment for condition.
- 1988 : SAMPWEIGHT