Codes and Frequencies
For sample children age 3 to 17 years who ever had an emotional or behavioral problem that lasted 3 months and were in school, this variable indicates if the condition caused the child to miss any time from school in the past 12 months.
No specific criteria for "any time" was given in the Field Representative's Manual .
Variables related to EMOCLASSYR are available only for 1988 (except EMONEEDYR) and refer to the last 12 month time period.
- received treatment or counseling (EMOTRETYR)
- times saw doctor or counselor for (EMOTRETYRX)
- attended special classes due to emotional/behavioral problem (EMOCLASSYR)
- number school days missed from emotional/behavioral problem (EMOMISSYRX)
- took any medicine for the emotional/behavioral problem (EMOMEDYR)
- Needed help for emotional/behavioral problem, past 12 months (EMONEEDYR1981, 1988)
For a full list of variables related to emotional and behavioral problems, see EMOPEV.
- 1988: Sample persons age 3 to 17 who had emotional/behavioral problem.
- 1988 : SAMPWEIGHT