Codes and Frequencies
For sample children age 3 to 17 years who ever had an emotional or behavioral problem that lasted 3 months and were in school, this variable indicates if the condition made it "necessary [for the child ]to attend special classes or a special school or get special help at school."
Variables related to EMOCLASSYR are available only for 1988 (except EMONEEDYR) and refer to the last 12 month time period.
- received treatment or counseling (EMOTRETYR)
- times saw doctor or counselor for (EMOTRETYRX)
- if the emotional/behavioral caused the child to miss any time from school (EMOMISSYR)
- number school days missed from emotional/behavioral problem (EMOMISSYRX)
- took any medicine for the emotional/behavioral problem (EMOMEDYR)
- Needed help for emotional/behavioral problem, past 12 months (EMONEEDYR1981, 1988)
For a full list of variables related to emotional and behavioral problems, see EMOPEV.
- 1988: Sample persons age 3-17 who had emotional/behavioral problem and were not reported to be not in school.
- 1988 : SAMPWEIGHT