EMOTRETYRX is a 3-digit-numeric variable.
996: Not in Universe
For sample children age 3 to 17 years who ever had an emotional or behavioral problem that lasted 3 months or more and received treatment or counseling for the problem in the past 12 months, this variable indicates how many times how many times did anyone saw or talked to a doctor, psychologist, or counselor about the problem
The Field Representative's Manual does not provide a definition for treatment or any criteria for counseling, therefore these terms are assumed to be respondent defined.
Variables related to EMOTRETYRX are included in the survey, all of which refer to the last 12 month time period.
- received treatment or counseling in the last 12 months (EMOTRETYR)
- if the emotional/behavioral caused the child to miss any time from school (EMOMISSYR)
- number school days missed from emotional/behavioral problem (EMOMISSYRX)
- attended special classes due to emotional/behavioral problem (EMOCLASSYR)
- Took medicine for emotional/behavioral problem, past 12 months (EMOMEDYR)
- Needed help for emotional/behavioral problem, past 12 months (EMONEEDYR1981, 1988)
- 1988: Sample persons age 3-17 who had emotional/behavioral problem and received treatment for the condition in past 12 months.
- 1988 : SAMPWEIGHT