Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults and sample children who had wheezing or whistling in their chest during the past 12 months (WHEZYR), WHEZVISITNO reports responses to the follow-up question, "During the past 12 months, how many times have you gone to the doctor's office or the hospital emergency room for one or more of these attacks of wheezing or whistling?" The range of responses in the public use data is from 0 (for none) to 365.
Other variables based on follow-up questions to those who answered affirmatively to WHEZYR include:
- Number wheezing attacks (WHEZATAKNO)
- Wheezing disturbs sleep (WHEZSLEEP)
- Times per week wheezing disturbed sleep (WHEZSLEEPNO)
- Chest sounds wheezy after exercise (WHEZEXER)
- Wheezing ever limits speech (WHEZBARTALK)
- How much wheezing limited activity (WHEZLIMITACT)
- Days missed due to wheezing (WHEZDAYR)
- 1999: Sample adults age 18+ and sample children under age 18 who had wheezing/whistling in chest during past 12 months.
- 1999 : SAMPWEIGHT