Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults and sample children who had wheezing or whistling in their chest during the past 12 months (WHEZYR), WHEZSLEEP identifies those whose sleep had been disturbed due to wheezing or whistling in the past 12 months.
Those who answered affirmatively to WHEZSLEEP were asked a follow-up question about how often per week, on average, their sleep was disturbed by wheezing (WHEZSLEEPNO).
Other variables based on follow-up questions to those who answered affirmatively to WHEZYR include:
- Number wheezing attacks (WHEZATAKNO)
- Chest sounds wheezy after exercise (WHEZEXER)
- Wheezing ever limits speech (WHEZBARTALK)
- Number doctor/hospital ER visits for wheezing (WHEZVISITNO)
- How much wheezing limited activity (WHEZLIMITACT)
- Days missed due to wheezing (WHEZDAYR)
- 1999: Sample adults age 18+ and sample children under age 18 who had wheezing/whistling in chest during past 12 months.
- 1999 : SAMPWEIGHT