Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults and sample children whose activities were limited at least "a little" by wheezing or whistling during the past 12 months (WHEZLIMITACT), WHEZDAYR reports the number of work or school days missed due to wheezing or whistling in the past 12 months. Only sample adults and sample children who had a wheezing or whistling sound in their chest during the past 12 months (WHEZYR) were asked about the amount that wheezing or whistling limited their activities.
Other variables based on follow-up questions to those who answered affirmatively to WHEZYR include:
- Number wheezing attacks (WHEZATAKNO)
- Wheezing disturbs sleep (WHEZSLEEP)
- Times per week wheezing disturbed sleep (WHEZSLEEPNO)
- Chest sounds wheezy after exercise (WHEZEXER)
- Wheezing ever limits speech (WHEZBARTALK)
- Number doctor/hospital ER visits for wheezing (WHEZVISITNO)
- 1999: Sample adults age 18+ and sample children under age 18 who had whistling or wheezing in chest in past 12 months, which definitely or possibly (unknown) limited their activities.
- 1999 : SAMPWEIGHT