Codes and Frequencies
For sample children age 3 to 17 who had a learning disability, this variable indicates if the child missed any time from school due to the learning disability in the past 12 months.
Variables related to LERNDMISSYR are available only for 1988 (except for LEARNDEV).
- ever had a learning disability (LEARNDEV, 1988, 1997-2009 )
- age when first noticed learning disability: time period (LERNDAGETP)
- age when first noticed learning disability: number of units (LERNDAGENO)
- ever received treatment or counseling for learning disability (LERNDTRETEV)
- received treatment or counseling in the last 12 months (LERNDTRETYR)
- times saw doctor or counselor for learning disability in the last 12 months (LERNDTRETYRX)
- attended special classes or school for the disability (LERNDCLASSYR)
- number school days missed from learning disability (LERNDMISSYRX)
- took medicine for the learning disability (LERNDMEDYR)
- 1988: Sample persons age 3-17 who had learning disability.
- 1988 : SAMPWEIGHT