Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had "pain, aching, stiffness or swelling in or around a joint" in the past 12 months (JNTYR), JNTOTHCAUSE reports responses to the question, "Did a doctor ever tell you that any of the following conditions were responsible for your joint symptoms: Other condition?"
In 1999, interviewers asked whether a doctor had diagnosed specific conditions as responsible for joint symptoms:
- Gout (JNTGOUT)
- Bursitis or tendonitis (JNTBURSITIS)
- Osteoarthritis (JNTOSTEOARTH)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (JNTRHEUMARTH)
- Other arthritis (JNTOTHCAUSE)
The "other condition" of JNTOTHCAUSE is thus some condition other than these aforementioned illnesses.
- 1999: Sample adults age 18+ with pain, aching, stiffness or swelling in or around a joint in the past 12 months.
- 1999 : SAMPWEIGHT