Codes and Frequencies
For all sample children who ever had a growth delay and ever and received treatment or counseling for the problem, this variable indicates whether such treatment or counseling was provided in the 12 months.
The Field Representative's Manual does not provide a definition for treatment or any criteria for counseling, therefore these terms are assumed to be respondent defined.
Variables related to GROWDTRETYR are included in the survey(all of which refer to the last 12 month time period).
- how many times did anyone see or talk to a doctor, psychologist, or counselor about the delay in growth or development (GROWDTRETYRX)
- if the growth or developmental delay caused the child to miss any time from school (GROWDMISSYR)
- number school days missed due to growth or developmental (GROWDMISSYRX)
- attended special classes due to the growth or developmental delay (GROWDCLASSYR)
- took medicine for growth or developmental delay, past 12 months (GROWDMEDYR)
For a full list of variables related to the growth or developmental delays in children, see GROWDEV.
- 1988: Sample persons under age 18 who had delay in growth development and ever received treatment for this condition.
- 1988 : SAMPWEIGHT