Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults in 2002 who had seen a practitioner for chelation during the past 12 months (CHEYR), CHEIMPORT reports how important the respondent's use of chelation had been to his/her health and well-being.
Interviewers asked, "During the past 12 months, how important was your use of chelation in maintaining your health and well-being? Would you say very important, somewhat important, slightly important, or not at all important?"
Similar variables are available that report the importance of other forms of complementary and alternative medicine for respondents' health and well-being.
- acupuncture (ACUIMPORT)
- ayurveda (AYUIMPORT)
- biofeedback (BIOIMPORT)
- chiropractic care (COMIMPORT)
- special diets (DITIMPORT)
- energy healing therapy (EHTIMPORT)
- folk medicine (FOKIMPORT)
- homeopathy (HOMIMPORT)
- hypnosis (HYPIMPORT)
- massage (MASIMPORT)
- naturopathy (NATIMPORT)
- prayer/spiritual healing (PRAIMPORT)
- relaxation techniques (RELIMPORT)
- yoga, tai chi, or qi gong (YTQIMPORT)
- natural herbs (HERYIMPORT)
- high dose or megavitamin therapy (VITYIMPORT)
Researchers interested in how important chelation was to a respondent's health may also wish to consult the following variables available for 2002:
- used chelation to treat specific health problem (CHETREAT)
For more information on the full range of variables related to chelation, including definitions, see CHEYR.
- 2002: Sample adults age 18+ who have seen a practitioner for chelation therapy during the past 12 months.
- 2002 : SAMPWEIGHT