Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults in 2002 who had used high dose or megavitamin therapy for their own health or treatment during the past 12 months (VITYR), VITYIMPORT reports how important the respondent's use of such therapy had been to his/her health and well-being.
Interviewers asked, "During the past 12 months, how important was your use of high dose or megavitamin therapy in maintaining your health and well-being? Would you say very important, somewhat important, slightly important, or not at all important?"
Similar variables, which report the importance of other forms of complementary and alternative medicine for respondents' health and well-being, include:
- acupuncture (ACUIMPORT)
- ayurveda (AYUIMPORT)
- biofeedback (BIOIMPORT)
- chelation (CHEIMPORT)
- chiropractic care (COMIMPORT)
- special diets (DITIMPORT)
- energy healing therapy (EHTIMPORT)
- folk medicine (FOKIMPORT)
- homeopathy (HOMIMPORT)
- hypnosis (HYPIMPORT)
- massage (MASIMPORT)
- naturopathy (NATIMPORT)
- prayer/spiritual healing (PRAIMPORT)
- relaxation techniques (RELIMPORT)
- yoga, tai chi, or qi gong (YTQIMPORT)
- natural herbs (HERYIMPORT)
Researchers interested in how important high dose or megavitamin therapy was to a respondent's health may also wish to consult the following variables available for 2002:
- took vitamins or minerals to treat specific health problem, past 12 months (VITYTREAT)
- reasons for using vitamins, past 12 months (VITYINTER, VITYMEDCOST, VITYMEDFAIL, VITYHCREC, VITYCOMBIN)
For more information on the full range of variables related to vitamin and mineral supplements in 2002, including a definition of "high dose or megavitamin therapy," see VITYR.
- 2002: Sample adults age 18+ who have used high dose or megavitamin therapy for their health or treatment during the past 12 months.
- 2002 : SAMPWEIGHT