Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had seen a practitioner for chelation therapy during the past 12 months (CHEYR) and had used chelation therapy for a specific health problem or condition (CHETREAT), CHEUSCOMBO indicates whether they had used chelation therapy because "chelation combined with conventional medical treatments would help you."
Other reasons for using chelation therapy that were recorded by the survey, and the associated IPUMS NHIS variables, are:
- CHEUSHCREC (Health care provider recommended)
- CHEUSENERGY (Enhanced energy)
- CHEUSWELL (General wellness)
- CHEUSMEDCOST (Medical treatments expensive)
- CHEUSMEDFAIL (Medical treatment not help)
- CHEUSINTER (Interesting to try)
- CHEUSIMMUN (Improved immune function)
- CHEUSRELREC (Family or friends recommended)
For information about the full range of variables related to chelation therapy, including definitions, see CHEYR.
- 2002: Sample adults age 18+ who have seen a practitioner for chelation therapy during the past 12 months and have used chelation therapy for a specific health problem or condition.
- 2002 : SAMPWEIGHT