Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had seen a practitioner for chelation therapy during the past 12 months (CHEYR), CHEUSENERGY indicates whether they had used chelation therapy "to improve or enhance energy."
Other reasons for using chelation therapy that were recorded by the survey, and the associated IPUMS NHIS variables, are:
- CHEUSHCREC (Health care provider recommended)
- CHEUSIMMUN (Improved immune function)
- CHEUSINTER (Interesting to try)
- CHEUSMEDCOST (Medical treatments expensive)
- CHEUSMEDFAIL (Medical treatment not help)
- CHEUSCOMBO (Helps combined w. conventional med)
- CHEUSRELREC (Friends or family recommended)
- CHEUSWELL (General wellness)
For information about the full range of variables related to chelation therapy, including definitions, see CHEYR.
- 2007: Sample adults age 18+ who have seen a practitioner for chelation therapy during the past 12 months.
- 2007 : SAMPWEIGHT