Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had seen a practitioner for chelation therapy during the past 12 months (CHEYR), CHEUSWELL indicates whether they had used chelation therapy "for general wellness or general disease prevention."
Other reasons for using chelation therapy that were recorded by the survey, and the associated IPUMS NHIS variables, are:
- CHEUSHCREC (Health care provider recommended)
- CHEUSENERGY (Enhanced energy)
- CHEUSINTER (Interesting to try)
- CHEUSMEDCOST (Medical treatments expensive)
- CHEUSMEDFAIL (Medical treatment not help)
- CHEUSCOMBO (Helps combined w. conventional med)
- CHEUSIMMUN (Improved immune function)
- CHEUSRELREC (Family or friends recommended)
For information about the full range of variables related to chelation therapy, including definitions, see CHEYR.
- 2007: Sample adults age 18+ who have seen a practitioner for chelation therapy during the past 12 months.
- No weights are available for this variable. Please refer to CHEUSWELL for more information.