Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had seen a practitioner for chelation therapy during the past 12 months (CHEYR), CHEUSRELREC indicates whether they had used chelation therapy because "it was recommended by family, friends, or co-workers."
Other reasons for using chelation therapy that were recorded by the survey, and the associated IPUMS NHIS variables, are:
- CHEUSHCREC (Health care provider recommended)
- CHEUSENERGY (Enhanced energy)
- CHEUSINTER (Interesting to try)
- CHEUSMEDCOST (Medical treatments expensive)
- CHEUSMEDFAIL (Medical treatment not help)
- CHEUSCOMBO (Helps combined w. conventional med)
- CHEUSIMMUN (Improved immune function)
- CHEUSWELL (General wellness)
For information about the full range of variables related to chelation therapy, including definitions, see CHEYR.
- 2007: Sample adults age 18+ who have seen a practitioner for chelation therapy during the past 12 months.
- 2007 : SAMPWEIGHT