Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had seen a practitioner for ayurveda during the past 12 months (AYUYR), AYUSWELL indicates whether they had used ayurveda "for general wellness or general disease prevention."
Other reasons for using ayurveda that were recorded by the survey, and the associated IPUMS NHIS variables, are:
- AYUSHCREC (Health care provider recommended)
- AYUSENERGY (Enhanced energy)
- AYUSINTER (Interesting to try)
- AYUSMEDCOST (Medical treatments expensive)
- AYUSMEDFAIL (Medical treatment not help)
- AYUSCOMBO (Helps combined w. conventional med)
- AYUSIMMUN (Improved immune function)
- AYUSRELREC (Family or friends recommended)
For information about the full range of variables related to ayurveda, including definitions, see AYUYR.
- 2007: Sample adults age 18+ who have seen a practitioner for ayurveda during the past 12 months.
- 2007 : SAMPWEIGHT