Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had seen a practitioner for ayurveda during the past 12 months (AYUYR) and had used ayurveda for a specific health problem or condition (AYUTREAT), AYUSCOMBO indicates whether they had used ayurveda because "ayurveda combined with conventional medical treatments would help you."
Other reasons for using ayurveda that were recorded by the survey, and the associated IPUMS NHIS variables, are:
- AYUSHCREC (Health care provider recommended)
- AYUSENERGY (Enhanced energy)
- AYUSWELL (General wellness)
- AYUSMEDCOST (Medical treatments expensive)
- AYUSMEDFAIL (Medical treatment not help)
- AYUSINTER (Interesting to try)
- AYUSIMMUN (Improved immune function)
- AYUSRELREC (Family or friends recommended)
For information about the full range of variables related to ayurveda, including definitions, see AYUYR.
- 2002: Sample adults age 18+ who have seen a practitioner for ayurveda during the past 12 months and have used ayurveda for a specific health problem or condition.
- 2002 : SAMPWEIGHT