Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had seen a practitioner for ayurveda during the past 12 months (AYUYR), AYUSENERGY indicates whether they had used ayurveda "to improve or enhance energy."
Other reasons for using ayurveda that were recorded by the survey, and the associated IPUMS NHIS variables, are:
- AYUSHCREC (Health care provider recommended)
- AYUSIMMUN (Improved immune function)
- AYUSINTER (Interesting to try)
- AYUSMEDCOST (Medical treatments expensive)
- AYUSMEDFAIL (Medical treatment not help)
- AYUSCOMBO (Helps combined w. conventional med)
- AYUSRELREC (Friends or family recommended)
- AYUSWELL (General wellness)
For information about the full range of variables related to ayurveda, including definitions, see AYUYR.
- 2007: Sample adults age 18+ who have seen a practitioner for ayurveda during the past 12 months.
- 2007 : SAMPWEIGHT