Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had seen a practitioner for ayurveda during the past 12 months (AYUYR), AYUSRELREC indicates whether they had used ayurveda because "it was recommended by family, friends, or co-workers."
Other reasons for using ayurveda that were recorded by the survey, and the associated IPUMS NHIS variables, are:
- AYUSHCREC (Health care provider recommended)
- AYUSENERGY (Enhanced energy)
- AYUSINTER (Interesting to try)
- AYUSMEDCOST (Medical treatments expensive)
- AYUSMEDFAIL (Medical treatment not help)
- AYUSCOMBO (Helps combined w. conventional med)
- AYUSIMMUN (Improved immune function)
- AYUSWELL (General wellness)
For information about the full range of variables related to ayurveda, including definitions, see AYUYR.
- 2007: Sample adults age 18+ who have seen a practitioner for ayurveda during the past 12 months.
- 2007 : SAMPWEIGHT