Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults in 2007 who had received physical therapy (VIT2TPT) for the condition they used a second vitamin supplement for the most (VIT2TCONMOST), VIT2TPTTIM indicates whether they received physical therapy before, at about the same time, or after they began using the second vitamin supplement.
To collect this information, interviewers asked, "Did you receive any of these conventional medical treatments for [condition for which second vitamin supplement was used the most]?" and entered all treatments reported by the respondent. For each treatment reported, interviewers asked whether such treatment was received before, at about the same time, or after beginning to take the second vitamin supplement.
Similar information was collected on the use of other conventional medical treatments, and the timing of those conventional treatments, in the following variables:
- Received mental health counseling (VIT2TCOUN)
- Timing of mental health counseling (VIT2TCOUNTIM)
- Received prescription medications (VIT2TPMED)
- Timing of prescription medications (VIT2TPMEDTIM)
- Received over-the-counter medications (VIT2TNPMED)
- Timing of over-the-counter medications (VIT2TNPMEDTI)
- Received surgery (VIT2TSURG)
- Timing of surgery (VIT2TSURGTIM)
For sample adults in 2007 who took a first vitamin supplement to treat a specific condition and also received physical therapy to treat that condition (VIT1TPT), similar information was collected on the timing of that physical therapy (VIT1TPTTIM) and the use and timing of other conventional medical treatments.
For more information about the full range of variables related to vitamins, see VITANY and VITMO.
- 2007: Sample adults age 18+ who received physical therapy for the condition they used the second vitamin supplement to treat or cure the most.
- 2007 : SAMPWEIGHT