Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults in 2007 who had received mental health counseling (VIT2TCOUN) for the condition they used a second vitamin supplement for the most (VIT2TCONMOST), VIT2TCOUNTIM indicates whether they received mental health counseling before, at about the same time, or after they began using the second vitamin supplement.
To collect this information, interviewers asked, "Did you receive any of these conventional medical treatments for [condition for which second vitamin supplement was used the most]?" and entered all treatments reported by the respondent. For each treatment reported, interviewers asked whether such treatment was received before, at about the same time, or after beginning to take the second vitamin supplement.
Similar information was collected on the use of other conventional medical treatments, and the timing of those conventional treatments, in the following variables:
- Received prescription medications (VIT2TPMED)
- Timing of prescription medications (VIT2TPMEDTIM)
- Received over-the-counter medications (VIT2TNPMED)
- Timing of over-the-counter medications (VIT2TNPMEDTI)
- Received physical therapy (VIT2TPT)
- Timing of physical therapy (VIT2TPTTIM)
- Received surgery (VIT2TSURG)
- Timing of surgery (VIT2TSURGTIM)
For sample adults in 2007 who took a first vitamin supplement to treat a specific condition and also received counseling to treat that condition (VIT1TCOUN), similar information was collected on the timing of that counseling (VIT1TCOUNTIM) and the use and timing of other conventional medical treatments.
- 2007: Sample adults age 18+ who received mental health counseling for the condition they used the second vitamin supplement to treat or cure the most.
- 2007 : SAMPWEIGHT