Codes and Frequencies
Among sample adults this variable indicates if the respondent traveled to countries other than Canada, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, or to Europe since 1995. While a reason for this question is not provided in the Field Representative's Manual, the Center for Disease Control lists all countries outside of those listed above and Europe as having a high prevalence of hepatitis A virus.
Added in 2008, the question for TRAVLDC95 was part of the Adult Immunization Supplement (part of the Adult Access to Health Care and Utilization section). This supplement included a set of questions designed to measure the receipt of relatively new vaccines. In addition to the question for TRAVLDC95, other questions added in the supplement and available for 2008 forward include:
- received tetanus shot in 2005 or later (SHOTET05 )
- ever received hepatitis A vaccine (SHOTHEPAEV)
- number of hepatitis A shots received (SHOTHEPANO)
- received Zoster or Shingles vaccine (SHOTSHINGLE)
- had tetanus shot, past 10 years (SHOTET10Y; also available in earlier samples: 1991, 1993-1995, 1998-1999)
- if the tetanus shot included the pertussis vaccine (SHOTETPERT)
- ever had any chronic liver condition (LIVERCHRON)
- 2008-2018: Sample adults age 18+ years.
- 2008-2018 : SAMPWEIGHT