Codes and Frequencies
Among sample adults who have had a tetanus shot in the past 10 years, this variable indicates if the shot was received in 2005 or later. Respondents were asked, "Was your most recent tetanus shot given in 2005 or later?" and could answer yes or no (or refuse). The question did not require verification or exact dates of the immunization.
Added in 2008, the question for SHOTET05 was part of the Adult Immunization Supplement (part of the Adult Access to Health Care and Utilization section). This supplement included a set of questions designed to measure the receipt of relatively new vaccines. In addition to the question for SHOTET05, other questions added in the supplement and available for 2008 forward (except SHOTET10Y) include:
- ever received hepatitis A vaccine (SHOTHEPAEV )
- number of shots received (SHOTHEPANO)
- ever had the Zoster or Shingles vaccine (SHOTSHINGLE)
- if the tetanus shot (given in 2005 or later) included pertussis (SHOTETPERT)
- had tetanus shot, past 10 years (SHOTET10Y, 1991, 1993-1995, 1998-1999, 2008 forward
- traveled outside U.S. and MDCs since 1995 (TRAVLDC95)
- ever had any chronic liver condition (LIVERCHRON)
- 2008-2013; 2014 2015 2016: Sample adults age 18+ who have had a tetanus shot in the past 10 years.
- 2008-2016 : SAMPWEIGHT