Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults aged 50 and older, SHOTSHNGEV reports whether or not they have ever had a vaccine for shingles.
Before being asked whether they had ever had a vaccine for shingles, respondents were told:
The 2018 Field Representative's Manual further explains that "The pain [from shingles] is generally on one side of the body or face. Shingles is caused by the chicken pox virus."
SHOTSHNGEV is part of a series of variables dealing with shingles and vaccines.
For the Zostavax vaccine
- SHOTZOSTEV indicates if one has ever had the Zostavax vaccine, which requires only one shot
- SHOTZOSTYR indicates the most recent year one has had the Zostavax vaccine
- SHOTZOSTC indicates whether the Zostavax shot was in the current year or prior to the current year, if they are unable to remember in which year they had the shot
- SHOTSGRXEV indicates if one has ever had the Shingrix vaccine, which requires two shots
- SHOTSGRXNO indicates how many total Shingrix shots one has had
- SHOTSGRXYR indicates the most recent year one has had the Shingrix vaccine
- SHOTSGRXC indicates whether the most recent Shingrix shot was in the current year or prior to the current year, if they are unable to remember which year they had the shot
- 2018: Sample adults aged 50+.
- 2018 : SAMPWEIGHT