Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults aged 40 years and older who ever had a sigmoidoscopy (SIGEV), SIGLGYRR2 is a recoded variable that reports the time since the respondent's most recent sigmoidoscopy using the same method as the 2005 survey.
For more information, please see SIGEV.
This recoded variable is based on the following variables:
- SIGLNO: Time since last sigmoidoscopy: units
- SIGLTP: Time since last sigmoidoscopy: time period
- SIGLDMO: Calendar month of last sigmoidoscopy
- SIGLDYR: Year of last sigmoidoscopy
- SIGLESTY: Time since last sigmoidoscopy: grouped year estimate
The Cancer Layout file notes that, "This is a time category recode for the time since the most recent sigmoidoscopy. All available information was used and the recoded variable was pre-filled with the response to the time category question first, if available. These data are provided by the respondent and are not imputed."
SIGLGYRR1 is a similar variable using the same method as the 2000 survey.
- 2010; 2013; 2015; 2018: Sample adults age 40+ who have had a Sigmoidoscopy.
- 2010, 2013, 2015, 2018
- 2010, 2013, 2015, 2018 : SAMPWEIGHT