Codes and Frequencies
For sample children aged 4 to 6 who had at least minor difficulties with emotions, concentration, behavior or being able to get along with others in the past 6 months (EMODIFF), and who received treatment or counseling at daycare, childcare, or play group (DIFTDC), DIFTDCOTHER indicates some other source provided the treatment or counseling.
Other personnel providing treatment or counseling at daycare, childcare, or play group mentioned are:
- School counselor, school nurse, or school social worker (DIFTDCCOUN)
- Speech, occupational, or physical therapist (DIFTDCTHER)
- Psychiatrist, psychologist, clinical social worker, psychiatric nurse (DIFTDCMHPROF)
- Pediatrician or family doctor
- Acupuncturist, massage therapist, chiropractor (DIFTDCCAM)
- Religious or spiritual counselor or advisor
- Probation or juvenile corrections officer or court counselor (DIFTDCCOURT)
Beginning in 2011, the acupuncturist, massage therapist, chiropractor (DIFTDCCAM) and probation or juvenile corrections officer or court counselor (DIFTDCCOURT) were no longer eligible responses to the question "Who provided the treatment or counseling?" Otherwise there are no comparability issues.
- 2010-2013: Sample children age 4 to 6 who received counseling at daycare, child care, or play group.
- 2010-2013 : SAMPWEIGHT