Codes and Frequencies
For sample children aged 4 to 6 who had at least minor difficulties with emotions, concentration, behavior or being able to get along with others in the past 6 months (EMODIFF), and who received treatment or counseling at daycare, childcare, or play group (DIFTDC), DIFTDCMHPROF indicates whether a psychiatrist, psychologist, clinical social worker, or psychiatric nurse provided the treatment or counseling.
Beginning in 2011, for children with an affirmative response in DIFTDCMHPROF, psychiatrist (DIFTDCPSYCHI), psychologist (DIFTDCPSYCHO), clinical social worker (DIFTDCSOCIAL), and psychiatric nurse (DIFTDCNURSE) were asked separately.
Other personnel providing treatment or counseling at daycare, childcare, or play group mentioned are:
- School counselor, school nurse, or school social worker (DIFTDCCOUN)
- Speech, occupational, or physical therapist (DIFTDCTHER)
- Pediatrician or family doctor
- Acupuncturist, massage therapist, chiropractor (DIFTDCCAM)
- Religious or spiritual counselor or advisor
- Probation or juvenile corrections officer or court counselor (DIFTDCCOURT)
- Other source
- 2010-2013: Sample children age 4 to 6 who received counseling at daycare, child care, or play group.
- 2010-2013 : SAMPWEIGHT