Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults aged 40 and older, COLGEV reports if the person had ever had a Cologuard test. COLGEV was introduced in 2018 as part of a series of questions covering Cologuard testing.
The 2018 Field Representative's Manual noted: "Cologuard is a new type of stool test to check for colon cancer. Unlike other stool tests, Cologuard looks for changes in DNA in addition to checking for blood in your stool. The Cologuard test is shipped to your home in a box that includes a container for your stool sample."
COLGEV is one of a series of questions about Cologuard testing. Other variables containing information about Cologuard testing include:
- COLGBST: Blood stool/FIT test part of Cologuard test
- COLGLDMO: Month date of most recent Cologuard test
- COLGLDYR: Date of last Cologuard test: Year
- COLGLNO: Time since Cologuard test: Number of units
- COLGLTP: Time since Cologuard test: Time period
- COLGGYRE: Time since Cologuard test: Rough time estimate
- COLGGYRR1: Time since Cologuard test: Grouped year recode 1 (2005 method)
- 2018: Sample adults age 40+.
- 2018 : SAMPWEIGHT