Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had used a relaxation technique during the past 12 months (RELBRETHYR, RELGIMYR, RELMEDYR, or RELRELAXYR) and had used the relaxation technique for a specific health problem or condition (RELTREAT), RELUSINTER indicates whether they had used a relaxation technique because "you thought it would be interesting to try."
Other reasons for using relaxation techniques that were recorded by the survey, and the associated IPUMS NHIS variables, are:
- RELUSHCREC (Health care provider recommended)
- RELUSENERGY (Enhanced energy)
- RELUSWELL (General wellness)
- RELUSMEDCOST (Medical treatments expensive)
- RELUSMEDFAIL (Medical treatment not help)
- RELUSCOMBO (Helps combined w. conventional med)
- RELUSIMMUN (Improved immune function)
- RELUSRELREC (Family or friends recommended)
- RELUSCOPE (Coping with an illness)
For information about the full range of variables related to relaxation techniques, including definitions, see RELMEDYR.
- 2002: Sample adults age 18+ who have used a relaxation technique for their health during the past 12 months and have used a relaxation technique for a specific health problem or condition.
- 2002 : SAMPWEIGHT