Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had pain some days, most days, or every day in the past three months (PAINFREQ3MO), PAINTRWKSP reports if the respondent used a chronic pain self-management program or workshop to manage their pain over the past three months.
PAINTRWKSP is part of a series of variables reporting various techniques people used to manage their pain. Additional variables reporting on pain management techniques include:
- PAINTRPT: Physical therapy, rehabilitative therapy, or occupational therapy
- PAINTRCHIRO: Spinal manipulation or other forms of chiropractic care
- PAINTRCBT: Talk therapies such as cognitive-behavioral therapy
- PAINTRGRP: Chronic pain peer support groups
- PAINTRYOGA: Yoga or Tai Chi
- PAINTRMSG: Massage
- PAINTRMED: Meditation, guided imagery, or other relaxation techniques
- PAINTROTH: Other methods for pain management
- 2019: Sample adults age 18+ who had pain some days, most days, or every day in the past 3 months (PAINFREQ3MO).
- 2019 : SAMPWEIGHT