Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had pain some days, most days, or every day in the past three months (PAINFREQ3MO), PAINTRPT reports if the respondent used physical therapy, rehabilitative therapy, or occupational therapy to manage their pain over the past three months.
PAINTRPT is part of a series of variables reporting various techniques people used to manage their pain. Additional variables reporting on pain management techniques include:
- PAINTRCHIRO: Spinal manipulation or other forms of chiropractic care
- PAINTRCBT: Talk therapies such as cognitive-behavioral therapy
- PAINTRWKSP: A chronic pain self-management program or workshop
- PAINTRGRP: Chronic pain peer support groups
- PAINTRYOGA: Yoga or Tai Chi
- PAINTRMSG: Massage
- PAINTRMED: Meditation, guided imagery, or other relaxation techniques
- PAINTROTH: Other methods for pain management
- 2019-2020: Sample adults age 18+ who had pain some days, most days, or every day in the past 3 months (PAINFREQ3MO).
- 2019-2020 : SAMPWEIGHT