Codes and Frequencies
For female sample adults aged 30 and over who ever had a mammogram (MAMEV), MAMLGYRE reports the estimated rough time since their most recent mammogram. Prior to 2019, the universe was further restricted to those who were unable to provide an exact date for when they had their last mammogram.
Respondents were told in the interview that a mammogram is an x-ray taken only of the breast by a machine that presses against the breast.
Apart from changes in the universe and the questionnaire redesign introduced in 2019, there are no comparability issues prior to 2019. The NHIS questionnaire was substantially redesigned in 2019 to introduce a different data collection structure and new content. For more information on changes in terminology, universes, and data collection methods beginning in 2019, please see the user note.
- 1999-2000: Female sample adults age 30+ who ever had mammogram and REF/NA/DK date of last mammogram.
- 2003; 2005; 2008: Female sample adults age 30+ who ever had mammogram and REF/NA/DK date of last mammogram.
- 2010; 2013; 2015; 2018: Female sample adults 30+ who have had a mammogram and REF/DK date of most recent mammogram or selected years ago for the time period format
- 2019: Female sample adults age 30+ who ever had a mammogram (MAMEV).
- 1998-2000, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2015, 2018-2019
- 1998-2000, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2015, 2018-2019 : SAMPWEIGHT