Codes and Frequencies
For female sample persons or sample adults who ever had a mammogram, MAMLNO reports the number of units for the time since her most recent mammogram. MAMLNO should be used in conjunction with MAMLTP, which reports the corresponding time unit (days, weeks, months, or years).
Apart from changes in the universe, there are no comparability issues. Changes in survey design (e.g., quarters in which the information was collected) may affect raw frequencies, but do not affect comparability of the variable. As always, data users should use the prescribed IPUMS NHIS weights.
- 1987: Half of female sample persons age 40+ (excluded from CAEP supplement) who have ever head of mammogram, who have had a mammogram, and who don't know month and year of last mammogram.
- 1990: Female sample persons age 35+ who ever had mammogram.
- 1992: Half of sample persons in quarters 1 and 2, and in 2 weeks of quarter 3 (excluded from CAEP supplement) who are female, age 30+, and have heard of a mammogram, have had a mammogram, and month and year of last mammogram are unknown.
- 1999: Female sample adults age 30+ who ever had mammogram.
- 2000; 2003; 2005; 2008; 2010; 2013; 2015; 2018: Female sample adults age 30+ who ever had mammogram and answered in number and time period format.
- 1987, 1990, 1992, 1999-2000, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2015, 2018
- 1987, 1990, 1992, 1999-2000, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2015, 2018 : SAMPWEIGHT