Codes and Frequencies
For female sample adults aged 40 and older in 1987 and aged 30 and older thereafter, who have heard of a mammogram and have had a mammogram, MAMLDMO reports the month of her most recent mammogram.
Respondents were told in the interview that a mammogram is an x-ray taken only of the breast by a machine that presses against the breast.
Apart from changes in the universe, there are no comparability issues. Changes in survey design (e.g., quarters in which the information was collected) may affect raw frequencies, but do not affect comparability of the variable. As always, data users should use the prescribed IPUMS NHIS weights.
- 1987: Half of female sample persons age 40+ (excluded from CAEP supplement) who have ever heard of mammogram and have had a mammogram.
- 1992: Half of sample persons in quarters 1 and 2, and in 2 weeks of quarter 3 (excluded from CAEP supplement) who are female, age 30+, and have heard of a mammogram and have had a mammogram.
- 2000; 2003; 2005; 2008; 2010; 2013; 2015; 2018: Female sample adults age 30+ who have had mammogram.
- 1987, 1992, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2015, 2018
- 1987, 1992, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2015, 2018 : SAMPWEIGHT