Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults in 2002 who had taken natural herbs for their health during the past 12 months (HERYR) and had used natural herbs to treat a specific health problem or condition (HERYTREAT), HERYCOMBIN indicates whether respondents had used natural herbs because such herbs combined with conventional medical treatments would help them.
Other reasons for using natural herbs that were recorded by the survey, and the associated IPUMS NHIS variables, are:
- HERYMEDCOST (Medical treatments too expensive)
- HERYINTER (Interesting to try)
- HERYHCREC (Health care provider recommended)
- HERYMEDFAIL (Medical treatment did not help)
For information about the full range of variables related to natural herbs, including a definition of "natural herbs," see HERYR.
- 2002: Sample adults age 18+ who have used natural herbs for their own health during the past 12 months and have used natural herbs to treat a specific health problem or condition.
- 2002 : SAMPWEIGHT