Codes and Frequencies
For sample children age 3 to 17 years who have seen a psychiatrist, psychologist, or psychoanalyst about any emotional, mental, or behavioral problem/behavioral problem, this variable indicates if the sample child was still seeing the counselor about the problem.
The Field Representative's Manuals do not specify what type of counselor should be included, therefore this term is assumed to be respondent defined.
Variables related to EMOCOUNSTIL are included in the 1981 and 1988 survey.
- Ever saw counselor about emotional/behavioral problem (EMOCOUNSEV, 1981, 1988)
- Last saw counselor about emotional problem: Within past year (EMOCOUNSYR1981, 1988)
- Needed help for emotional/behavioral problem, past 12 months (EMONEEDYR1981, 1988)
- Seeing counselor about emotional/behavioral problem: Recode (EMOCOUNSR 1981 only)
- 1981: Sample persons age 3 to 17 who have seen a psychiatrist, psychologist, or psyhoanalyst about any emotional, mental, or behavioral problem.
- 1981 : SAMPWEIGHT