Codes and Frequencies
For sample children aged 4 to 17 who had at least minor difficulties with emotions, concentration, behavior, or being able to get along with others (EMODIFF), and who needed treatment or counseling for these difficulties but did not get it in the past 6 months (DIFTNONEED), DIFTNOYKIDNO indicates the reason the child did not get treatment or counseling was that the child did not want to go.
Other reasons mentioned are:
- Too expensive
- Did not know where to go
- Previous negative experience with professionals
- Afraid or dislike professionals
- Afraid child would be removed from home or lose custody
- Afraid of family or friends' opinion
- Wait a long time for appointment
- Had no way to get there
- Services too inconvenient to use
- Services too far away
- Other reason
- 2010-2013: Sample children age 4 to 17 who currently have or have had at least minor difficulties and who needed treatment but didn't get it in the past 6 months.
- 2010-2013 : SAMPWEIGHT