Codes and Frequencies
For sample children aged 4 to 17 who had at least minor difficulties with emotions, concentration, behavior, or being able to get along with others (EMODIFF), and who needed treatment or counseling for these difficulties but did not get it in the past 6 months (DIFTNONEED), DIFTNOYCUST indicates the reason the child did not get treatment or counseling was because the respondent was afraid the child would be taken from home or the respondent would lose parental rights or custody.
Other reasons mentioned are:
- Too expensive
- Did not know where to go
- Previous negative experience with professionals
- Afraid or dislike professionals
- Afraid of family or friends' opinion
- Wait a long time for appointment
- Had no way to get there
- Services too inconvenient to use
- Services too far away
- Child did not want to go
- Other reason
- 2010-2013: Sample children age 4 to 17 who currently have or have had at least minor difficulties and who needed treatment but didn't get it in the past 6 months.
- 2010-2013 : SAMPWEIGHT