BXLDYR is a 4-digit-numeric variable.
0000: Not in Universe
9996: Time period format
9998: Unknown-not ascertained
9999: Unknown-don't know
For sample adult women who have had a breast physical exam (BXEV), BXLDYR reports the year of the most recent breast physical exam. BXLDMO reports the month of the most recent breast physical exam. There two variables should be used together.
For women who did not know the year, interviewers probed to find out if it was less than a year ago, or more than one, two, three, or five years ago. Responses included the calendar year or the interval of years since the last exam. For 1987 and 1992, several follow-up questions on the reason for the exam (and results of the exam for 1987) were limited to women who had an exam in the past three years.
- BXLEST: estimated time since the most recent breast physical exam
- 1987: Half of female sample persons age 40+ (excluded from CAEP supplement) who have ever heard of breast physical exam and have ever had a breast physical exam.
- 1992: Half of sample persons age 18+ in quarters 1 and 2, and in 2 weeks of quarter 3 (excluded from CAEP supplement) who are female, age 30+, and have ever had a breast exam.
- 2000; 2005; 2010; 2015: Female sample adults age 30+ who ever had a breast exam.
- 1987, 1992, 2000, 2005, 2010, 2015
- 1987, 1992, 2000, 2005, 2010, 2015 : SAMPWEIGHT