Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults in 2005 who had taken any selenium during at least 1 month of the past 12 months (VITASELNMO), VITASELNNO reports the number of days (per week or per month) that respondents had taken selenium in those months.
Interviewers asked, "During [the/those] month(s), about how many [days [per week]/days per month] did you take selenium?" VITASELNNO must be interpreted in conjunction with VITASELNTP, which reports the type of time unit ("days per week," "days per month," or "other") respondents used when answering the question.
Variables similar to VITASELNNO are available for the following vitamin/mineral supplements (with years indicating availability):
- Beta carotene (VITABETANO, 2005)
- Calcium (VITACALCNO, 2000, 2005)
- Vitamin A (VITAMINANO, 2000)
- Vitamin C (VITAMINCNO, 2000)
- Vitamin E (VITAMINENO, 2000, 2005)
- Multi-vitamins (VITAMULTVNO, 2000, 2005)
For more information on the full range of variables related to vitamins, see VITANY.
- 2005: Sample adults age 18+ who took selenium for at least 1 month during the past 12 months.
- 2005 : SAMPWEIGHT