Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults in 2005 who had taken any selenium in the past 12 months (VITASELN), VITASELNMO reports the number of months that respondents had taken selenium. The survey question did not require that the months be consecutive.
VITASELNMO is one of a series of variables reporting how often and over what period of time respondents had taken selenium. For VITASELNMO, interviewers asked respondents directly about the number of months in the past 12 they had taken selenium.
For months during which they had taken selenium, respondents reported how often they had taken this nutrient (VITASELNNO), answering as they desired in terms of days per week or days per month (VITASELNTP).
Variables similar to VITASELNMO are available for the following vitamin/mineral supplements (with years indicating availability):
- Beta carotene (VITABETAMO, 2005)
- Calcium (VITACALCMO, 1992, 2000, 2005)
- Vitamin A (VITAMINAMO, 1992, 2000)
- Vitamin C (VITAMINCMO, 1992, 2000)
- Vitamin E (VITAMINEMO, 1992, 2000, 2005)
- Multi-vitamins (VITAMULTVMO, 1992, 2000, 2005)
For more information on the full range of variables related to vitamins, see VITANY.
- 2005: Sample adults 18+ who have taken selenium in the past 12 months.
- 2005 : SAMPWEIGHT