Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had a healing ritual or sacrament performed for their own health and to treat a specific health problem during the past 12 months (PRARITYR, PRATREAT), PRAUSMEDCOST indicates whether they had the healing ritual or sacrament performed because conventional medical treatments were too expensive.
Other reasons for having a healing ritual or sacrament performed that were recorded by the survey, and the associated IPUMS NHIS variables, are:
- PRAUSHCREC (Health care provider recommended)
- PRAUSMEDFAIL (Medical treatment not help)
- PRAUSCOMBO (Helps combined w. conventional med)
- PRAUSINTER (Interesting to try)
For information about the full range of variables related to healing rituals and sacraments, including definitions, see PRARITYR.
- 2002: Sample adults age 18+ who have had a healing ritual or sacrament performed for their own health or treatment during the past 12 months and have used this healing ritual or sacrament to treat a specific health problem or condition.
- 2002 : SAMPWEIGHT