Codes and Frequencies
For female sample persons aged 18 and over who have had a Pap smear test (PAPEV), PAPLDMO reports the month of the respondent's most recent Pap smear test. Please see the Comparability and Universe tabs for changes in the universe between samples.
PAPLDMO should be used alongside PAPLDYR, the corresponding year of respondent's most recent Pap smear test.
- PAPLEST: respondent's estimated number of years since their most recent Pap smear test
Apart from changes in the universe, there are no comparability issues. Changes in survey design (e.g., quarters in which the information was collected) may affect raw frequencies, but do not affect comparability of the variable. As always, data users should use the prescribed IPUMS NHIS weights.
- 1987: Half of female sample persons age 18+ (excluded from CAEP supplement) who have ever heard of Pap smear test and have ever had a Pap smear test.
- 1992: Half of female sample persons age 18+ in quarters 1 and 2, and in 2 weeks of quarter 3 (excluded from CAEP supplement) who ever had a Pap smear test.
- 2000; 2003; 2005; 2008: Female sample adults age 18+ who ever had a Pap smear test.
- 2010; 2013; 2015; 2018: Female sample adults 18+ who have had a Pap smear/Pap test
- 1987, 1992, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2015, 2018
- 1987, 1992, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2015, 2018 : SAMPWEIGHT