Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had seen a practitioner for a therapeutic movement technique during the past 12 months (MOVALEXYR, MOVFELDYR, MOVPILAT, or MOVTRAG) and had told a conventional medical professional about their use of a therapeutic movement technique (MOVLCONVHP), MOVLPHARM indicates whether they had reported their use of a therapeutic movement technique use to a pharmacist.
In both 2002 and 2007, interviewers asked, "During the past 12 months, did you let any of these conventional medical professionals know about your use of a therapeutic movement technique?" and handed the respondent a card listing several types of conventional health care practitioners. If the answer was affirmative (i.e., a "Yes" response in MOVLCONVP), interviewers asked the follow-up question, "Which ones [did you tell]?" and noted, "You may choose more than one."
In both 2002 and 2007, the list of conventional medical professionals included the following:
- Medical doctor (including specialists) (MOVLMD)
- Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant (MOVLNURS)
- Psychiatrist (MOVLPSYCHI)
- Dentist (including specialists) (MOVLDENT)
In 2007, the list included additional categories of conventional medical professionals. One such addition was "pharmacist." The other categories of conventional medical professionals that were specified in 2007 only were:
- Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) (MOVLDO)
- Psychologist/Social Worker (MOVLPSYCHO)
For more information about the full range of variables related to a therapeutic movement technique, including definitions, see MOVALEXYR.
- 2007: Sample adults age 18+ who have seen a practitioner for movement technique during the past 12 months and have let a conventional medical professional know about their use of movement technique.
- 2007 : SAMPWEIGHT